Stories of Choice — Stories of Success.
Every child and every family is unique. So are their education needs. There is no “one size fits all” school or educational model that works for everyone. That is why it is important for students and families to have the freedom to choose the pathway that best meets their needs, whether that is a different public school, charter, magnet, private school, virtual/blended, or homeschool.
The Choices in Education video competition shares stories about how school choice is improving education for children and families in your community.
We want to learn why educational choices are making a difference for you and your family. What’s been the impact? Or why do you need more educational choices in your state? The competition elevates stories of school choice success from across the country and highlights the value that choices in education bring to individuals, communities and education systems.
Ready to share your educational choice story? Here are the key competition dates you need to know.
- Submissions Period Opens: October 25, 2017
- Submissions Deadline: December 1, 2017
- Finalists Selected and Public Voting Period Opens: December 9, 2017
- Public Voting Closes: January 2, 2018
- Competition Winners Notified: Week of January 7, 2018
Winners will be announced publicly during National School Choice Week, January 21-27, 2018.
Prizes will be offered to winning videos based on the sincerity and passion of the content, including:
- 3 Grand Prize Winners – $15,000 cash prize
- 3 Runners-up – $5,000 cash prize
- 2 People’s Choice Winners – $5,000 cash prize